BUYER LARGE PROJECTS
1000 Bruxelles, Belgique - Belgie
We are looking for a Buyer Large Electrical Network infrastructure for a a key role in the provision of a qualitative, cost-efficient and timely network infrastructure.
In this context, we are offering you the above-mentioned permanent position, a unique and challenging opportunity as it combines strategic and project purchasing tasks.
Formally, this position is in the ‘Large Projects’ team but you will add value in both subteams. You might expect the important share to be in ‘Works’ but in reality you will split your time depending of the projects phase and the corresponding activities to be realized. In this function, you will be located in Brussels Belgium but will have to travel occasionally to Berlin Germany.
The ‘Works’ team is responsible for the procurement strategy and sourcing of contracting projects as well as for supplier management and active contract management in the relevant activities. This mainly includes electrical works and civil engineering projects in high-voltage substations, high-voltage lines and the realization of underground cable connections.
Some infrastructure projects however are classified as large/ special because of their specificity, complexity or volume. For these, the ‘Large Projects’ team has a key role and responsibility that might go from defining the procurement strategy and governance management (interface and coordination) until the execution of the full scope of sourcing/purchasing activities.
In the role of buyer for WORKS, you show your added value on a tactical and strategic level by defining and implementing a structured and (innovative) project purchase strategy in accordance with the existing procurement policy.
- manage purchase files autonomously from call for tenders (small, medium or large) to award (sending out, selection, negotiations, etc.) and therefore have a major responsibility in the choice of contractor and the agreed contract terms.
- invest in a thorough understanding of the needs of the internal customer, the current market dynamics and its challenges and opportunities
- have an eye for innovation and of course knowledge of the technical content.
- contribute to the product strategy and market analysis.
- contribute to supplier management and to maintaining positive long-term relationships with major contractors. You focus on risks and threats, but also on opportunities. Where necessary, you will supervise improvement processes with the contractors.
- might be expected to act as a contract manager for some projects and therefore being responsible for a (pro)active follow-up of SLAs, costs, conflicts and qualitative execution after awarding
- might also lead working groups in your field focused on creating impact or co-creation of the future.
In the role of buyer for LARGE PROJECTS, you manage European Tenders (mainly onshore). It can include EPC/Turnkey, in different categories e.g. cables, converters, works. In this position you will
- do strategic work such as …
- Elaborate the definition of needs of a program / project in cooperation with the involved internal stakeholders;
- Prepare and Develop procurement strategies for programs / projects or a specific part of the scope in collaboration with the project team and/or other stakeholders and be involved in the approval procedure;
- Coordinate the necessary procurement activities with the other procurement teams in line with the approved strategy.
- play an important role for the interface between infrastructure programs / projects and the procurement,
- be responsible for some large European tender procedures, including
- you have a master degree, preferably in a technical/commercial field
- you preferably have at least 5 years of relevant experience in purchasing/contract management. Ideally, you have experience in negotiation of turnkey / EPC contract
- you can express yourself sufficiently (level C1) in Dutch, French and English; knowledge of German is a plus
- you have experience with commercial contracts and their implementation.
- you are autonomous but attach great importance to teamwork and stakeholder management
- you are an assertive and experienced negotiator and understand the importance of the elements that can influence success
- you master the daily challenges by using your analytical thinking and results-oriented action
- you communicate with others in an efficient, assertive and diplomatic manner
- you are inquisitive and have a special interest in technical aspects and can suggest optimizations or question certain things
- you are able to look for innovative ways and out-of-the-box approaches if they can contribute to the realization of the challenges
- on the PC level, MS Office has no secrets for you; experience with MS Project and SAP is a plus
- you are willing to travel across the country to the sites in progress and occasionally to Germany